11.05.2009

Boy Angels

Yesterday morning's phone conversation with the school's librarian left me in tears. We were just trying to finalize arrangements for Peyton making the reading team. It made me cry. I'm much better now. When I got off the phone Bailey asked "mom, are those happy cries or sad cries?" I scooped her up and sat her on the kitchen counter. I told her that they were sad cries because Peyton's tumor is growing. I told her that Peyton is going to get to go live with Papa Owen and Papa Ririe and Jesus. I told her that we'll get to see him again but until then, she's the luckiest little girl ever to get to have a big brother angel to always take care of her. Her response...

"Wait! There are boy angels?"

Yes Bailey, there are boy angels. It made me smile.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jenna - we have a constant prayer in our hearts for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sorry and we look forward to seeing you guys soon. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she couldn't ask for a better "boy angel" than her amazing brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna,
    I having been reading your blog posts for awhile now and you inspire me. You have just the right answers to all their questions and comments. Bailey is lucky to have such a wonderful angel to watch over her. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet... i have tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness for Boy Angels they keep us in line. I can just imagine him walking along side his Papa's in Heaven and all of them walking along side the Savior. How many can lay claim to the fact they have actually held a real angel in their arms, cuddle them and teach all the rest of us about how great the Lord is even in our darkest nights. love you guys, hugs, take care of each other.

    ReplyDelete