4.15.2010

A Clarification

Well, it appears I have a good deal of dog-loving/owning friends who were a bit caught off guard by my declaration of disdain for the darn animals (see "100" post below).

I was prepared to amend my comment as it perhaps came across a bit harsh (although undoubtedly accurate).

That was until one busy morning I stepped in a humongous, nasty, big dog pile of poo while loading my baby into the car in my driveway. Bad? Yes. Worse, I stepped in it unknowingly and didn't realize the bottom of my shoe was lathered in the stuff until I had gone back through my house checking doors and grabbing a bill to drop in the mail. Yep. Nasty, stinky, stupid dog poo on my grass, my shoe, and on my carpet. I changed my shoes, walked back out to the car and being very careful to not step in the now smeared heap of nastiness got in my seat. As I reached to shut my door I dropped the bill. Need I say where?

So, in closing, I would just like to say that yes, I do indeed loathe dogs.

5 comments:

  1. The owner is nasty. They should pick up after the dog. I wish I was there. I would leave her a cuban gift:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sista! I couldn't agree more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. EWWWWWWW that is so super nasy! I own a dog and would never let it just roam and poop in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I really hope this was a HUGE pile so I know it wasn't a gift from Lola. You know I carry the poop bags to clean up after her when she is on the leash.....but often times the kids let her out and she runs straight for your non-dog loving house to check to make sure you still truly loathe her. It is very irritating even for dog owners (I didn't say dog lover) when people walk their dog over to your yard every morning and let them drop their goodies in your front yard....I've been tempted to send the boys over to their house to gift them back.
    Send the squirrel down, she can gnaw on my electrical cords or something cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your 100 post I told my husband about the dog comment. I feel the same way, so I loved that your were brave enough to state that fact. It is such a pet peeve of mine when other people let their dogs poop in my yard where my kids play. I don't own a dog for many reasons - not wanting poop in my yard is high on my list of reasons.

    ReplyDelete