9.19.2011

Sweet Reminders

He's more like his big brother than he realizes. Whenever we tell him he's a lot like Peyton he says "no, me Jack". He's stubborn and sweet and has a wicked little mischievous side. He loves super heroes like no one other than Peyt. He loves to know he's being covered in Peyton's blanket, or playing with Peyton's toys, or watching Peyton's favorite show.

He points to the pictures of Christ in our home and says "Peytie with Jesus".
I often find him in our library looking through his Peyton book. This particular day he took it with him into my room and this is how I found him.

The joy this little boy brings to our family is impossible to describe. He reminds us all so much of Peyton. Although Jack is definitely his own little person, I'm grateful for the frequent glimpses I get of my sweet Peyt's personality in his little brother. I can just imagine their embrace when they meet again. They'll have a lot of catching up to do.

3 comments:

  1. OK, I realize I'm just a lurker-fan of Peyton's and you don't know me AT ALL, but I've got to say, that photo could be the sweetest thing I've ever seen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet. Brings a few tears :) Love that you guys are getting those tender glimpses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I feel the same for my Caroline. Just a few days ago she said, "Mama, Sarah loves me." Glimpses, reminders, evidence that they once lived--how grateful we are for these tender mercies.

    ReplyDelete