7.08.2013

Off We Go!






We're moving! To Qatar! At the end of the month!!!
Where you ask?
We'll be in the capital city of Doha.  While this has been a work in progress now for 2 YEARS, back in February we got word it was likely to happen this summer which is why Ty went back into school.  We wanted him to adjust to being back in a classroom in the states and we needed him to have standardized test scores and report card grades.  Just made the international school application SO much less complicated (See Rasco people? I wasn't going crazy.  There was a method to my madness!)

The kids are excited/anxious.  It seems like we've been getting ready for this FOREVER! It was only officially official 3 weeks ago and just announced at work today hence the late notice.  Seeing that a For Sale sign will be in my yard this week, I'm glad to finally start being open about it. 

So, some answers to FAQs:  Yes! There are two congregations of our church that meet in Doha.  One English speaking, one another language.  The kids will go to an AWESOME school which is one of top 5 reasons for wanting to go over. The assignment is indefinite.  We plan to be there at least 4ish years though.  I can drive (well, I mean provided my husband will grant me permission to :)) Mormon modesty standards work just fine, no need for any more or less. We have a house! Well, it's a villa in a compound (with a resort style pool-selling point for the kids) and we already know our neighbors (the Kabells for those of you who know them). There's an LDS family from Kingwood that just went over (yes, the Princes for those of you who know them- small world, huh?). I am feeling particularly spoiled having 2 amazing sources for all of my mom questions. 

We are so very grateful for this opportunity.  We are anxious to expose our children to new places and people and let our little Texans see that there is life outside of Texas (as absolutely FABULOUS as Texas is!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great development for your family. I'm electric with excitement for you and the adventures ahead. One FAQ: How will you get your Aggie fix?! :-) Much love from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert is sweatin that aggie fix. He keeps saying the one year A&M does something and we're on the other side of the world. Where there's a will theres a way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and your brave adventure ahead! I am sure Nicole and Bruce will come visit:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited for you guys. We'll miss you, of course, but you're all going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete