6.28.2014

Paris, France

Well, Paris in the springtime is indeed pretty darn lovely...
 ...and tasty.
 We stayed in a perfect Parisian apartment that put us in walking distance from the Louvre.
  My kids do museums well.  They really do.  But the Louvre is a small city.  A small city with random renovations not indicated on the museum maps that prevent patrons from completing a loop on any single floor.  It wouldn't have been a problem had the museum in full working form not resembled Hogwarts in terms of inconvenient stairways.  We did manage to hit the highlights including a few geek opportunities for me.
"The Seated Scribe".  Seriously.  Made me giggle with delight.  This little guy (much smaller than I imagined) was even better than Ms. Mona for me. He's kind of a big art history deal.
 Notre Dame was a treat for all of us.
 Yes, play young ones.  I'll just sit and admire the perfect example of classic flying buttresses. I tried explaining the importance of these.  No luck.  Didn't care.
 We were hoping to meet the Phantom...

No comments:

Post a Comment