1.22.2010

Smooth as Butter

This morning my shower was interrupted by what I could only suppose was going to be a cry of some sort of injustice that was plaguing my occasionally high strung 5 year old, Trey (aka "Malibu"). I watched the vague silhouette of his body approach my shower door. I cracked it open knowing I'd see Trey and expecting to hear all about the woes he was enduring.

There he was. All dressed for school in his current favorite brown pants and skateboard shirt, one hand in his pocket, looking cute as could be with his lady-killer grin pasted on his perfectly dimpled face.

This is what I got...

"Mom can I just call you 'mommiful' instead of saying 'beautiful mommy'?"
(Think about it, it took me a sec)

Why yes Trey, I think that will be quite alright.

There are some days I'm ready to sell this kid into Egypt.
But there are far more when he "makes my heart melt like a popsicle on the fourth of July".

I'm a lucky gal...

3 comments:

  1. What a little sugar pie. Tell him we love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet! And I'm laughing at your selling him into Egypt reference. I thought I was the only one who had days like that :)

    ReplyDelete