2.16.2010

2 Months

Two months ago our little Peyton passed away.

Early, early that morning I made a cement casting of his hand, covered his warm body with his fuzzy light blue blanket, and laid down next to him on our couch.

I put my arm around his panting chest, kissed his forehead, swept his beautiful orange hair over to the side and fell asleep.

When I woke up he was still.

It's still surreal. It probably always will be.

Peyton's headstone has been patiently awaiting our decision on what picture we wanted to put on it. I made all of the other decisions (with the help of the kids who were all too anxious to show me the ones they want when they die) weeks ago. We just couldn't decide what needed to go on there along with his name and dates.

Last night I was tired of looking through pictures and decided to try going another route and came up with this.

We are so grateful for this declaration. I just can't imagine never seeing Peyton again. We miss him so much.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful is the best word. We continue to pray for your family every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Jenna. I know how hard it is for you all. I know Peyton is extremely happy with what the family chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful and oh so true. My heart aches for your pain. And feels so much love for your peace.
    Merrilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful Jenna. Those words will bring you comfort, a constant reminder that we will one day be reunited with our loved ones. How glorious and happy that day will be. Love to you and your dear family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely perfect! i think of you every day. your blog is wonderful, funny, sad, inspiring and most of all truthful! thank you. auntie e

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with others, beautiful and perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. What comfort those three words bring!

    ReplyDelete