5.23.2011

December

December, as always, was outrageously chaotic, overly busy, and perfectly wonderful. I was grateful that this Christmas was not our first without Peyton, it made it a bit easier knowing we'd already made it through one before without him. I'm grateful we experienced that while still numb of his passing.

Each year at this time I make an attempt to photograph my family. This involves setting my camera settings, my tripod, and getting us all in the shot while still maintaining some level of pleasant expressions. This was one of about, oh, 50 or so...

The one above we sent off with Christmas cards. The one below is the first "kid's picture" with our Peyton stand in. Couldn't do it without him...I'd been waiting for the right show to take the kids to for their first Broadway experience. This one was just perfect!


The kids and I went with Bailey's current, and Trey's former Kindergarten teacher and her sweet daughter.
Also on the agenda was the first Peyton Project delivery. The kids and I took 50 packages full of cards, letters, pictures, and stories up to Texas Children's Hospital's General Clinic Research Center. It was so nice to see all of our old friends. The packages were delivered to their patients, patients on the oncology floor, and the outpatient oncology clinic. As always, the kids left with something fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment