5.25.2011

"Peypie"


I've been reminded on more than one occasion that our family blog was a bit behind on upkeep. The last few days I've been working on fixing that.


Yesterday I was sitting on my bed uploading pictures and I had my little Jack sitting next to me watching a "Thomas" show. The pictures peaked his interest and as I scrolled through the entries, he pointed out everyone in our family by saying his version of their names. When we got to the December posts, he jumped up, pointed to my computer screen, and said "Peypie". He saw his sweet big brother. We then went looking for more pictures of Peyton and made it all the way back to August of 2009 where we watched a video of Peyton singing.


This morning I was in the kitchen baking and Jack came running in. He said something to me that I didn't understand. We did our normal back and forth of him talking and me trying to decipher. Finally he said "Peypie". "Peytie?" I asked. "Yeah!" he said and then pointed towards my room. I started to follow him assuming he was going to point out a picture we have hanging in our bedroom that he likes to look at. What I found was my laptop opened with obvious signs of lots of mouse clicking. "Peypie" he said, "Compu". It was "computer" he had tried to tell me when he first came into the kitchen. He hopped up on my bed, got comfy, and waited while I pulled up the video of Peyton singing. I went back to work in the kitchen and twice was interrupted with "Again!". 3 times he watched that video today. I'm so glad he feels a closeness to a brother he only vaguely remembers.


After watching that sweet video of Peyton singing I went looking for this one. Taken just weeks before he passed away, I knew I'd want to be able to remember how sweet and gentle his little spirit was as it rested inside his increasingly weak and fragile body. We sat in our game room and played.




1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenna. What precious blessings these photographs and video clips are to your family. Thank you for sharing this tender moment with us. I pray that you will continue to find comfort and joy in all things that remind you of "Peypie."

    ReplyDelete