3.14.2010

Every spring our school holds it's big PTO fundraising event, the Rowdy Round Up. Money raised from this benefits the students and faculty in many ways.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a member of PTO and have tried very hard to stay out of the decision that I'm about to mention. I would honestly be very appreciative of anything done by the school to honor my little Peyton. However, I've seen the pictures and can't help but rally for this thing.

During Peyton's last few weeks of life I'd take him up to school to spend a little time with his friends and teachers. He loved it. Our visits usually turned into complete chaos. It was great. On the way home from one of these visits Peyton chuckled and in his soft, sweet, little broken voice said "Today was fun. It was a laughing day". He told me everyone had made him laugh.

Peyton loved to be active and play and have fun. His classmates still talk of how silly he was on the monkey bars at recess.

As a memorial to Peyton, the school would like to update their playground equipment with the addition of a beautiful fire truck play structure. This would be something that every student at Brannen, and every member of the community would get to enjoy. A permanent reminder of the little firefighter who loved to make people happy.

If you're interested in coming to the Rowdy Round Up, you're officially invited.
If you're interested in donating to the PTO specifically for the memorial for Peyton, you can contact:

Priscilla Bailes
bailespr@gmail.com

Brannen PTO is a non-profit organization and therefore donations to it are tax-deductible.

I'll post pictures once it happens!

1 comment:

  1. that's an amazing idea! :) How fun! We'd love to donate to that!

    I think it is so wonderful that his school has been so supportive of your family during this time. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete