12.07.2009

8 Years

"Look at his hair!" Robert said as he held our brand new little baby up next to me so I could see him.

"How big is he?" I asked as he came much sooner then we expected.

"Look at his hair!" was the reply.

"Is he big enough?"

"Look at his hair!"

And then daddy and baby were taken off to the nursery while my c-section was finished.

When I finally got to hold him, I laughed as I realized why Robert was so shocked.
His tiny little head was covered in wild bright orange hair. He was so beautiful.
Peyton is an unlikely mix of extreme stubbornness, and gentle compassion. He is strong willed and peacefully accommodating. He is a friend to everyone and loves to make others happy. He likes being good. He has a fantastic sense of humor.
He loves blue, superheroes, drawing pictures, trucks and manatees. He could eat tater tot casserole and Hawaiian haystacks every night of the week. He wants to be a nautical archaeologist when he grows up. He can't wait to have a wife and kids and share a house with Tyler and his family.

God has trusted us with this amazing little boy and for that we will be forever grateful. We are honored to be his family. His short life has been a testimony of the love of our Lord, Jesus Christ. He has been carried by angels through his trials and stands as a witness of the truthfulness of the restored gospel.

I know that today we celebrated Peyton's last birthday. Next December 6th will be quiet around here. His eight years have been full of marvelous experiences and we're blessed to have been able to share them with him.

His strength has strengthened us. We have been sealed for time and all eternity and thus have the promise of being a family forever. Death cannot change that.

Happy Birthday my sweet Peyton. You make my heart happy.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your baptism Peyton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Peyton!! We are so excited to hear that you got baptized yesterday. We love you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! And an even bigger congrats on your special baptism day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peyton ... we enjoyed reading about your baptism, and about you. We love you and your family and are praying for you all. Love, Uncle David & Aunt Pauline xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a sweet post, Jennifer. :) It's Christy. I've been thinking of you many times lately for several reasons. You have such a beautiful family, we've been praying for your family and your little son. Also, I've been thinking of you, I went through some things from our younger days and found a picture/note written from you. It reminded me of our fun friendship! You were always such a great friend. :) Keep in touch, I'd love to add your family and Peyton's blog to mine, if that's okay.

    I'm glad Peyton had such a wonderful day yesterday! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Peyton!! I know what Robert fills like when it comes to "RED hair" our youngest son Hunter was born with bright red hair. It has become one of my favorite colors now. I hope your Birthday was super Peyton!! Did you guys get SNOW last week? We did down in Victoria. Yea! Snow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peyton,
    We are SO sorry that we had to miss your baptism. I was so excited to give the opening prayer, and I'm sorry I had to miss out on that. Baby Jared was feeling pretty sick and we didn't want anyone else to get sick too. We are so proud of you though! Don't forget how much we love you and how much you and your brothers and sister mean to us. We love you guys so much! Jenna, you are amazing :) I admire you so much!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know? there are some special people born in a special month and close to each other. They are? Tyler, Peyton, your cousin Jesse 10th, Mima Loca the 16th and Granpa John and Jesus. December is a SPECIAL MONTH.

    ReplyDelete