12.05.2009

Honesty is the Best Policy (I guess)

One thing I learned early on in motherhood is that if a child is old enough to talk, they are old enough unintentionally insult.

One morning I was in my bedroom still in pjs. I describe them at this point only because it is necessary to appreciate the coming conversation. My shirt is a solid khaki colored tee with a few buttons, the first ones undone, down the top quarter of my shirt. On either side of the buttons is a small flapped pocket. I don't remember what pants I was wearing because Trey had nothing to say about them.

"I like your shirt mom"

"Thanks Trey" (giving him a good morning hug)

"It looks like you should work at Disneyworld"

"Thanks Trey" (no longer giving him a good morning hug)

"You could drive the safari jeep!"


(I smile at this point because, quite frankly, I'm impressed by his attention to detail and to be honest, I couldn't really argue. He made a very valid point)



I've learned to really appreciate moments like this. Why? Because on Sunday mornings when I come out of my room with a cute dress and fabulous shoes on and Trey says "wow mom, you look like a princess" I know he's being completely honest.

3 comments:

  1. It SO must be the birthday! :) Keira says the same type of honest things to me too! Gotta love those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet I love that you are writing these moments down as time goes on you will love to read them over and over. Great vision he has for sure.

    ReplyDelete