12.31.2009

Chrysanthemum morifolium 'Vesuvio'

Otherwise known as the White Spider Mum.

When the time came to order flowers for the funeral my first thought was
"I want them happy".
It's the reason we chose a light blue casket (Peyton's most favorite color ever) and why I made the funeral program the way I did.
I wanted them happy.

We looked through the book and found an arrangement with these. They were perfect. White and happy.

We had them included in the arrangements we chose to flank Peyton's casket at his viewing and then taken to the cemetery to mark his grave.

Last Saturday we were in Humble and stopped by to see Peyt. The dirt, still unsettled, was surrounded by all of the beautiful flowers that had been placed there a week earlier. We let the kids each pick a flower to bring home with them. After selecting his favorite, Trey picked this one and handed it to me. He had no idea how perfect it was. It had weathered a week in the cold and rain and still looked like this.

These happy, spunky, white flowers will forever remind me of Peyt.

5 comments:

  1. This flower as well as many other beautiful creations will indeed remind you of your precious Peyton and God's great love for you.

    Thinking of you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. I'm happy you found a flower to convey the "happiness".

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys. I'm so glad you've had these blogs going. Peyton will certainly not be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me cry again....lol! It's just because I have another human growing in my womb...no big deal, just ask Jared. Haha, we miss you guys a lot! Love you tons, the flower is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete